Interested in Joining our Team?
Call (757) 468-5000 for more information.
Shaffer Realty, LLC is both a full-service real estate brokerage and a real estate school.
Our licensing course integrates on the job training with a self-pace study program which allows the student the flexibility needed to achieve their "Certificate".
While in school, our students gain experience working with Licensed Agents as their Open House Assistant on Saturday's and Sundays!
Licensed Instructor: Jarett Shaffer
To enroll or learn more about Shaffer College of Real Estate, e-mail email@example.com or call the office at (757) 468-5000.
- Graduate from the Pre-Licensing Course
- After graduation, pass the Virginia Real Estate Board's Virginia and National Exams. These exams are administered by PSI
- Complete fingerprinting and background checks (Fingerprinting is administered by PSI)
- Join Shaffer Realty/Shaffer Real Estate's team of agents, and apply for your license. Applications are submitted through the Department of Professional Occupational Regulation (DPOR) Please note: DPOR charges $170.00 to apply for a license (applicant must be at least 18 years old and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent)
All persons and firms must be licensed if for a fee, they do the following:
- Sell or offer to sell real estate
- Buy or offer to buy real estate
- Negotiate the purchase of exchange of real estate
- Rent, lease, or negotiate a least for real estate
"I have wanted to do real estate for some years and some things have not lined up. So to have a class where I could be informed properly before making an investment in this economy is invaluable! I appreciate Jarett's expertise, knowledge, and candidness. He created a win-win situation and I look forward to working with him!" - Najm
"Shaffer Realty's free real estate training course has been a true gift. Whether you are interested in becoming a real estate agent or just an informed consumer, Jarett Shaffer makes the material simple and easy to understand." - Rachel
"Jarett's ability to teach students from different cultural backgrounds was impressive. I, myself, am known to be more visual in my learning and the real life applications he used to illustrate the principals of real estate profoundly helped me. Thank you Jarett, for taking the time out of your schedule to educate and inspire us!" - Sandra J.
"Never having bought or sold any property, I was a complete novice to the Real Estate industry. I was concerned that in a condensed class week I wouldn't be able to keep up or that a lot of information or terms would go over my head. Mr. Shaffer has done an incredibly job condensing the coursework and making it easy to understand without ever becoming overwhelming. The explanations were broken down, and we were given real life examples of how and when we would need what we have learned. The class was educational, engaging, and inspirational with a "no pressure" atmosphere that makes the course perfect for someone who wants to know more about Real Estate, but it is also beneficial for buyers and sellers to be more informed about what goes into buying and selling property. I'd give Mr. Shaffer's course an A++!!" - Jessica L.
Our online course is only $199.00! This is the lowest price in the state of Virginia. Don't let the price fool you, $199.00 gets you 100% of the requirements established by the Virginia Real Estate Board.