Hello & Happy Fall Y'All!
Fall = guests, family and get-togethers. It's time to get your front porch ready for fall festivities with planters filled with an abundance of mums and real or faux pumpkins and gourds. Be sure to mix in a few lanterns to add a welcoming glow to evening gatherings. Here are some decorating tips and tricks to enjoy this beautiful season:
1) Create a Grand Entrance. Fall marks the start of the holiday season which makes it a great time to spruce up the areas you typically entertain in. It might be time to touch up scuffs on stair risers or add an entry table large enough to display a few decorative accessories. A pair of occasional chairs or a long bench can provide a spot for guests to remove shoes or boots--or--just sit and chat.
2) It's Time to Refresh the Fireplace. Honestly, who doesn't love curling up next to a roaring fire on a chilly day? As inviting as it is, it is important to put safety first. Before lighting the season's first log, have the chimney and fire box inspected and cleaned by a professional chimney sweep. Then, gather around the fireplace!
3) Warm Up With Fresh Paint. Move over cool gray, there's a new neutral that's warming up today's interiors. Say hello to warm wall tones, like beige and greige, that are once again designers top picks in paint colors. Or, paint your walls in a soft wheaty shade that'll make even a soaring space feel warm and cozy, year round. And, signaling a warm welcome, red is the front door color of choice for many homeowners this season.
4) Brighten up the Back Yard. Fall is the perfect time to kick back in your backyard. Get your patio ready for some serious hang time with a cozy throw blanket or outdoor pillows. And don't limit your fall decorations to indoors or the front porch, show your patio a little love with a small grouping of pumpkins and a vase with freshly clipped blooms. Think of crisp fall weather plus hot cocoa or coffee with fall inspired flavors and toppings. Get your porch, deck or patio ready for fall's slower pace of life with a pair of rocking chairs, arranged for lazy weekend convos and leaf-watching in mind. Place a table in between for a handy place to stash your hot cocoa or favorite book.
5) Make Some Gourd-geous Fall Centerpieces. Mix fresh with faux and create a bountiful centerpiece for your fall table. Faux gourds and pumpkins are great because you can display them year after year while the fresh varieties are also a winner. You can roast and toast the delicious seeds, so nothing goes to waste. For the best of both worlds, mix the two and throw in a few dried seed pods, apples and silk sunflowers for added color and contrast.
At Shaffer Realty and Real Estate, we want to wish you a happy fall season. Check back next week for more real estate tips and tricks. See you soon. Warmly, Susan