Welcome Back to #FabulousFriday! The end of January is nearly here, which means...the spring market is right around the corner. Now is the the time of year that sellers are thinking of putting their properties on the market.
When getting ready to list your home for sale--don't overlook the importance of curb appeal. Here is a great list to help you stay organized as you get your property ready to list:
Focusing On Curb Appeal-A Handy Seller Checklist:
- Power wash the outside of the house. If you have loose, peeling, cracking paint, you’ll need to have the place painted.
- Power wash the windows outside and clean them on the inside. Be sure to remove debris and cobwebs—these will make windows look dull.
- Clean out gutters and replace if they’re rusty, bent or look old and in disrepair.
- Rake up leaves and dead vegetation and dispose of it. Keep the lawn mowed throughout the sales process. Make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly.
- Get rid of weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks.
- Trim trees so that no limbs are touching the roof.
- Affix or replace loose roof shingles.
- Make sure all yard tools and toys are stowed away. Roll up that hose neatly.
- Put bikes, skateboards and scooters in the garage.
- If you have a basketball hoop, replace the net if it’s torn, dingy or worn.
- Trim back unruly, unkempt bushes.
- Install a motion detector light in the front yard so when lookers come by in the evening, they can see the front of the house.
- Install low-wattage ground lights along the front walkway.
- Keep the walkway to the house, the driveway and sidewalk in front of the house swept.
- Plant bright-colored flowers and keep them watered and looking beautiful. Remove wilted dead blooms regularly.
- Wherever your foundation shows, place a planter with colorful flowers.
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it.
- Replace the door’s hardware and knob.
- Paint or stain your wood fences and repair any broken fencing.
- Replace the mailbox if worn or repaint as needed.
- Apply large, clearly visible house numbers to the front of your house.
- Keep garbage and recycling barrels in the garage out of sight.
- Power wash your deck or patio and sand and stain if necessary.
- Secure any loose railings and boards on your deck.
- Trim bushes and vegetation around your patio or deck.
- Set up attractive, comfortable-looking sitting areas in the back yard. You can stage the outside of the house as well as the inside.
- If you have a dog, be sure to use the pooper scooper on a daily basis.
- Remove any wasp nests and ant hills from the premises.
- Keep all backyard toys and tools put away and the hose rolled up.
- If you have a pool, make sure it is cleaned daily for a fresh spotless appearance.
The exterior spaces of a home are important when showcasing your property for sale. If you would like guidance on preparing for your listing-we are here to help. Simply reach out to us today and we will connect you to one of our top listing professionals.
Check back next Friday for more helpful real estate tips and tricks. See you soon! Warmly, Susan