Hi! Welcome back to #FabulousFriday! The very best mentorships are those that help people grow and achieve success. At the heart of these relationships is finding the right synchronous synergies and easy execution strategies. According to Harvard Business Review, "A transformational mentorship is a relationship that offers something powerful for both the mentee and the mentor." The real estate industry is innovating at an accelerated pace and you can expect the industry to look very different in the next 5-10 years. The ability to grow and develop the necessary skills to thrive will largely depend upon your adaptability and capacity to collaborate with others. As a mentee, the trick is finding the right mentor with whom you can build an inspiring camaraderie and learn the necessary skills to thrive in this new environment. Here are 5 steps to get you started:
1) Look beyond the ordinary. Many real estate companies offer training...but there is a very large difference between classroom training and hands on real-life experience. Training involves a binary instructor-student exchange in a classroom setting. It can be challenging to avoid the traditional teacher-student approach to learning. The trick is to learn in an environment offering apprenticeship and practical experience in a system that sparks your curiousity--one that serves as a springboard for all the places your new career can go.
2) A proven roadmap. We have learned the secrets and have outlined them in The Shaffer Way: 7 Steps to Health, Wealth & Personal Happiness. The Shaffer Way is a proven system that will help you plan and structure your real estate career in a way that assures success whether the market is headed for the stratosphere or threatening to circle the drain. The Shaffer Way is designed to empower agents to set up simple systems, turn them into habits, allow them the freedom to dominate their own lives and and achieve real estate success.
3) SMART goals. You and your mentor will establish objectives and milestones with specific goals in mind. Together, your mentor will help you outline targets that are specific, measureable, accountable, realistic and timebound. Using this framework, together you will write out a list of information and knowledge you will need to acquire to reach your objectives.
4) A SWOT analysis. You will need to evaluate your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. To do so will require personal initiative and self-discipline. These actions will empower you both to target strong points and areas that will require more intensive skill building and growth.
5) Execute. Many people who are energetic about execution tend to jump into activities and take action before they get organized, create a plan, or connect what they're doing to the strategy of the organization. Having the discipline to assemble resources and then generate a plan that both of you can commit to will collectively improve execution.
At Shaffer Realty and Real Estate we are here to help. You can absolutely implement these 5 steps on your own and we will be in your corner cheering you every step of the way--but if you want to get to your goals faster and easier, we would love to be a part of your transformation. To get started, simply sign up today @ www.theshafferway.com. See you soon! Warmly, Susan